08/14/17 - NY --> HI
Lyft to JFK = flawless.
I already checked in and with priority pass I got through quick. I got first class tickets, and since the first part of my flight was transcontinental to LAX, I was allowed to go to the Flagship Lounge. I go this ticket (bad shot) and ate breakfast (for free).
This was the best airplane seat ever. It let me alter any part of the seat, even make it 180 to sleep.
Areas to put stuff
Plus a bag with gifts.
I watched Ghost in the Shell (American film). I had low expectations so it was fine. You really had to know the GitS universe to get many parts of the film. I like how they tied in Kusanagi Motoko. A lot of the scenes were weak though. The protagonist's role was overshadowed by Aramaki and Batou's acting ... but a lot.
Anyway, then I watched Silence - which I did enjoy.
I landed in LAX and stayed the Admiral's Club... which was packed. I read the first Grimgar novel, starting it in the first plane and finished it before getting on the second plane.
The meals were strangely good... I didn't like it that I liked it.
The second plane seat wasn't as good. I had a person next to me, etc.
This resort is so huge... This is just the map for the hotel section I am staying in. I got lost a few times to get there. It takes 15 minutes to walk to the lobby from my room. ugh.
I took a boat to my room the first night.
I was hungry so I had some poke nachos and mushroom/spinach flatbread... it was ok.
shot from plane near arrival.

















Comments
Post a Comment